June 25, 2018
Comedian Tom Arnold said on June 22 that he and President Trump’s former longtime personal lawyer are teaming up to “take down” the president, according to a report by The Hill.
After a meeting with Cohen—who has said in the press that he will testify, if subpoenaed by the Russia probe—Arnold tweeted a selfie of both men together with the caption “I Love New York,” which Cohen retweeted without comment.
Arnold then told NBC News that he met with Cohen as part of a show he is working on for the HBO series Vice, in which he searches for incriminating videos of the president.
“This dude has all the tapes — this dude has everything,” Arnold told NBC News, as reported by The Hill. “I say to Michael, ‘Guess what? We’re taking Trump down together,’ and he’s so tired he’s like, ‘OK.’ “
The idea for the Vice program followed the leak of the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape during the 2016 presidential race, in which Trump can be heard bragging about grabbing women “by the p—-.” The show will feature Arnold’s hunt for other unflattering video and audio recordings of the president.
“We’ve been on the other side of the table and now we’re on the same side,” Arnold told NBC News. “It’s on! I hope [Trump] sees the picture of me and Michael Cohen and it haunts his dreams.”
Arnold declined to reveal to NBC News if Cohen was planning to give him any material for “The Hunt for the Trump Tapes.”
Trump distanced himself from Cohen earlier this month, saying that the man who has been known as the POTUS’ personal lawyer—and had the business cards to prove it—is no longer his lawyer and that he had not spoken to him in “a long time”—a message that the Cohen could not have been happy to hear. Cohen also has complained that the president is not paying his legal fees.
However, a day after Arnold said the two would take down Trump together, Cohen said he had not agreed to that.
Most Americans continue to believe that the Russian effort to influence the 2016 presidential election is a serious matter that should be investigated, but the constant criticism by President Donald Trump of Special Counsel Robert Mueller is taking its toll, according to a CNN poll conducted by SSRS and released on June 22.The number of Americans who approve of how Mueller is handling the investigation has dropped from 48% in March to 44% in May to just 41% now, the lowest it has been in CNN’s polling.
Research contact: 1-494-840-4300 (www.ssrs.com)