December 4, 2019
If you’re planning nuptials for next year, there is a fresh crop of 2020 wedding trends—from bold pops of color to inspired invitations—that the editors of The Knot say will make your special day a standout.
- Green vibes: Consider re-setting a family stone or heirloom engagement ring, repurposing ceremony florals, sourcing locally grown food, or hiring vendors who also prioritize sustainability.
- Micro weddings: Think 40 people or less-but budget more per guest, so that your very nearest and dearest are treated to bespoke touches, elaborate meals (tasting menu, anyone?), and tons of personalization..
- Magical mysticism: This spiritually charged vibe combines all things mystical: crystals, saging, palo santo, even aura photobooths. ( Suggestion: Make it work for your unique couple style by sending guests home with a rose quartz crystal, the classic stone for love.)
- 4. Inclusive menus: Reception eats are going to check all the boxes in 2020. Vegetarian? No problem. Vegan with a nut allergy? We got you. Be considerate of all your guests by offering up a variety of cuisines and refreshments (delicious non-alcoholic drinks can be crafted with care by mixologists).
- Barrettes and combs: Veils aren’t going anywhere, but tiaras have given way to the latest in hair jewelry—barrettes and combs. These wedding hair accessoriesmay be adorned in pearls, rhinestones, or colorful enamels. They’re great for holding back natural curls or creating a second style for your wedding reception.
- Trending hues: From linens to dresses for the wedding party, expect to see a lot of neo mint (AKA, the new millennial pink); cassis, not quite pink, not quite purple; yellow, a mellow, rich hue with earthy undertones; and faded denim, a blue that equally fresh and serene.
- 7. It’s lit: Good lighting is the surest way to get those 2020 wedding decor trends noticed. From hanging installations to tube lighting and LED bars, the options are endless. Change up the feeling of your party from dinner to dancing with a light show or add strings of fairy lights to a concentrated space, like above your cake table for maximum effect. And fret not, candlelight is still on-trend for creating an intimate and romantic vibe, The Knot’s editors say.
- Edible florals: Frozen in ice-cubes, tossed in salads, sprinkled on top of desserts, edible flowers are a big wedding reception trend for 2020. This pretty extra provides an easy way to elevate virtually anything—from infused water to classic vanilla cake. Florals and weddings are synonymous so pair your edible petals with dried flowers for a romantic effect. (Think: pressed in invites, or as confetti after I do.)
- Dressed to impress: Black is taking a backseat to blue. Navy, teal, and cobalt jackets are trending when it comes to tuxedos and suits, while accessories of all kinds continue to be the favored way to really personalize a look. Unique wedding dress codes (think: white party!) also are on the rise.
- Personalized paper: Lean into the wedding trends of 2020 with something that speaks to you as a couple, like using recycled paperand soy based inks for eco-friendly correspondence. Opt for a modern vibe by embracing bold colors, pattern and texture in your wedding invites. Or delight a more intimate guest list with a pop-up or acrylic invite that will really wow.
(For more ideas, check out the following URL: https://www.theknot.com/content/new-wedding-trends)
Research contact: @theknot